History

Cadogan Pier was built in 1841 to bring potential buyers to Lord Cadogan’s new estate of houses in Chelsea. It was a landmark structure and was the prime river gateway for visitors to Chelsea.

The Pier was rebuilt in 1875 to accommodate Albert Bridge, recognised as one of London’s most beautiful bridges. The Albert Bridge provides an incredible back drop to the Pier, which also benefits from outstanding views overlooking Battersea Park to the south.

The Pier has been used for many important events over it’s history, most recently for the Royal Jubilee Pageant.

The Pier is a London landmark and the only one of its kind in the Royal Borough of Chelsea and Kensington.

1842

The new Cadogan Pier

1865

Cadogan Pier is rebuilt

1919

King George V visiting Cadogan Pier for the WW1 Victory Peace Pageant

2012

The Queens Diamond Jubilee River Pageant and her boat moored and launched from Cadogan Pier

2017

Cadogan Pier today